Impact100 Metro Detroit was formed in July, 2015 by a volunteer group of women whose purpose is to fuel positive change in our local community by uniting women in collective giving. We strive not only to award high impact grants to nonprofit heroes in the Metro Detroit area, but to provide exposure to those organizations and to stimulate more active community engagement. By working to continually grow our membership, as well as to solicit grant proposals from a wide variety of local nonprofit organizations and shepherd those proposals through a disciplined grant review process, Impact100 Metro Detroit members and directors demonstrate leadership and camaraderie as they fuel transformation together.
Across the country, Impact100 groups recruit 100 or more women who each donate $1,000 to become members. For every 100 members, a $100,000 grant is awarded annually to the winning nonprofit finalist(s.) The goal is to have 300-500 women members per group, in order to award three to five $100,000 grants.
Equipping Future Leaders and Givers
Through participation in the grant proposal review and evaluation process, we educate women in the region as philanthropists, sharpening their skills as leaders and givers. By introducing them to the variety of organizations working in our community, Impact100 Metro Detroit’s members are inspired to become involved with these organizations in a more personal way.
Making an Impact at Home
Impact100 Metro Detroit concentrates solely on funding local organizations working in the metro area to positively affect our region. We aim to achieve the success of other Impact 100 groups around the country, which collectively have donated more than $15 million over the past ten years to organizations in each of their hometowns.
Building New Relationships
As a group, the women of Impact100 Metro Detroit represent a variety of experiences and backgrounds. Some of us are recent college graduates, others retired business leaders. We are mothers, daughters, and friends, working in the worlds of finance, art, marketing, sales, education, and more. We are bound together by a commitment to helping our community and each other.
You will experience the euphoria of making a significant impact in our community through united giving.
- To annually give high-impact grants ($100,000) to local nonprofit organizations serving the tri-county area.
- To harness the power and talents of women through direct participation in the process of philanthropy.
How Does It Work?
- Women become participating/voting members of Impact100 Metro Detroit by contributing $1,100 annually ($1,000 for grants; $100 for administrative costs).
- Members are encouraged to actively participate in the grant review process to pick the pool of nonprofit finalists.
- Finalists present their grant proposals at the Annual Award Event.
- All members vote to choose the nonprofit heroes that will receive grants.
What Kind Of Organizations Do We Support?
- Any small to medium size nonprofits based in the Metro Detroit (tri-county) area which provide services in these categories: Arts and Culture; Education; Environment; Human Services; and Urban Revitalization.
If you would like to join our mission, simply click over to Become a Member. There are many ways to contribute, through volunteering on a committee, presenting your employer with Corporate Sponsorship opportunities and helping us get the word out! If you have any questions, please contact us today.
Impact100 Metro Detroit is a charitable organization recognized as tax exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c )(3)