- Be classified as a “Public Charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (Individual or private foundations are not eligible)
- Located in Wayne, Oakland or Macomb county
- Have at least three full fiscal years of financial statements, and at least two years of completed tax filings
- Not be a recipient of an Impact100 Metro Detroit project ($100,000) grant in the past three grant cycles
Preference will be given to organizations that:
- Have annual operating budgets of at least $300,000 and below $5,000,000
- Are not affiliated with a larger national or regional parent organization
- Have an innovative mission and approach in making a long lasting impact on our community.
- Fit within one of the following focus areas: Arts & Culture, Education, Individual & Family Support, Health & Wellness and Revitalization, Recreation & Environment
- Serve residents of and expend funds primarily in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties
- Be a new program, the expansion of an existing program, or a new or expanded collaboration
- Have a total project budget of at least $100,000.
- Expend the funds within 18 months of being awarded
Impact100 Metro Detroit prefers projects with the following characteristics:
- Target under-served populations
- Highlight unmet needs in the community
- Have a measurable and sustainable high-impact on beneficiaries
- Allocate 15% or less of total grant funds to overhead/salary expenses for the project.
Grants will not be provided for:
- Debt reduction, operating deficits, interim or bridge funding, or endowment funding.
- Activities that are religious or political in nature.
- Fund drives, annual appeals, fundraising events, or general capital campaigns.
- Individuals or private foundations.
As we continue to grow and evolve, Impact100 Metro Detroit reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria
without notice at any time.
APPLY FOR A GRANT