- Be classified as a “Public Charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Located in Wayne, Oakland or Macomb county
- Be in at least the third full fiscal year of operation; having at least two years of completed tax filings
- Not be a recipient of an Impact100 Metro Detroit project grant in the past three grant cycles
Preference will be given to organizations that:
- Have annual operating budgets of at least $300,000 and below $5,000,000
- Are not affiliated with a larger national or regional parent organization
- Have an innovative mission and approach in making a long lasting impact on our community.
- Fit within one of the following focus areas: Arts & Culture, Education, Individual & Family Support, Health & Wellness and Revitalization, Recreation & Environment
- Serve residents of and expend funds primarily in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties
- Be a new program, the expansion of an existing program, or a new or expanded collaboration
- Have a total project budget of at least $100,000.
- Expend the funds within 18 months of being awarded
Impact100 Metro Detroit prefers projects with the following characteristics:
- Target under-served populations
- Highlight unmet needs in the community
- Have a measurable and sustainable high-impact on beneficiaries
- Allocate 15% or less of total grant funds to overhead/salary expenses for the project.
Grants will not be provided for:
- Debt reduction, operating deficits, interim or bridge funding, or endowment funding.
- Individuals or private foundations.
- Activities that are religious or political in nature.
- Fund drives, annual appeals, fundraising events, or general capital campaigns.
As we continue to grow and evolve, Impact100 Metro Detroit reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria
without notice at any time.
APPLY FOR A GRANT